Team Leader – Assembly and Wiring
PURPOSE OF JOB: To lead a team to complete the assembly and wiring of light fittings. Working with company management and team members to support the assembly department goals to safely deliver the production plan.
- To coordinate with Manufacturing & Compliance Manager and company management to understand and deliver on production schedule. Attend daily production meeting, reporting on ongoing job status, planned despatch dates, parts and labour shortages.
- To plan workload and tasks for individual team members.
- To develop team members to grow the skill base and competency within your team.
- To lead and work within a small team to deliver on a planned production schedule, supporting team members and working to complete all aspects of the final assembly, wiring and testing.
- To work safely and efficiently:
i) To complete assembly of LED boards, frame assembly, gasketing riveting, inserting glass
ii) To complete fittings assembly, inserting gear tray to body
iii) To complete first off and SP assemblies as above
iv) To complete wiring of light fittings according to specification
v) To complete testing of completed light fittings, completing labelling and documentation.
vi) To complete the packaging and palletisation of finished products.
- To ensure Health and Safety requirements as specified in the company Risk assessment plan are complied with in the production areas.
- Ensure the quality of the work, report any non-conforming products to the Manufacturing & Compliance Manager.
- To ensure “First Off” is approved in all cases. First off standard products are approved by Cell Leader, new or special items must be approved by Operations Director and Technical Operations Engineer.
- To work with and support both the Operations Director and Technical Operations Engineer to develop safe and consistent products and processes.
- To ensure the necessary documentation during the manufacturing process is completed as required by our ISO and SAGE system requirements.
- To maintain working area and tools / facilities and report any issues to Manufacturing & Compliance Manager in a timely manner.
- To ensure all items of production are positively identified by the correct labelling.
- To promote best practice and continual improvement within the Cell.
- Maintain adherence to schedules.
- Health and Safety conscious
- Lead team of 10-15 people demonstrating ability to overcome resistance to change.
- Flexible and practical hands-on approach working as part of the team.
- Good organisational skills, learn to break down tasks and allocate to team members.
- Good people skills
- Target driven to work to planned production dates.
- Develop an awareness of resource requirements, materials, process, labour to assist in work planning.
- Attention to detail to support ongoing drive for quality improvement.
To apply for this position please see How to Apply below.